COPYRIGHTS OF DIGITAL SCANS OF PUBLIC DOMAIN WORKS
As per Bridgeman Art Library v. Corel Corp. (36 F. Supp. 2d 191 - SDNY 1999)
exact photographic reproductions of public domain works cannot be protected
by any sort of copyright under United States law because they are not considered
"original works". Therefore, we treat as public domain any scan we obtain where the underlying
work is in public domain under United States law.
We do not have control over where are printed books being shipped to since
they are printed and ordered by a third party. It is up to the individual
purchaser to make sure that the book they are ordering can be legally imported
into their country where copyright laws may vary from the US laws.
While we may occasionally display reprint information for books reprinted by
or produced by other publishers, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKS
PRODUCED BY OTHER PUBLISHERS NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
OBTAINED FROM A DIGITAL ARCHIVE AND DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE VIA A SEARCH FUNCTION
OR ANYTHING SIMILAR
. Please contact the appropriate publisher and/or archive
directly with copyright questions.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Procedures - for books produced by this
To file a DMCA notice with our service, please send the notice via mail or fax.
Notices via email will not be accepted. Be aware that filing a false or
incorrect DMCA notice may make you liable under law (see this example
of such case). Please include the following information:
1. The copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed IN SUFFICIENT DETAIL.
2. The content and location of the content that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, including links.
3. Sufficient contact information for you, preferably with postal mail address, fax number and email address.
4. A statement by the owner that it has a good faith belief that there is no legal basis for the use of the materials complained of.
5. A statement of the accuracy of the notice and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on the behalf of the owner.
6. A physical signature.
NOTE: We may make copies of DMCA notifications available to
with personally identifiable information removed.
DMCA notices should be sent to the following Designated Agent:
Yakov Shafranovich, DMCA Agent
Shaftek Enterprises, LLC.
4014 Labyrinth Rd
Baltimore, MD 21215
Email: dmca (at) shaftek (dot) biz
You can also fax notices to: +1 (443) 703-2355
, ATTN: Yakov Shafranovich.